Sunday, July 18, 2010

Selling in Today's Marlet

It is definitely a different world in which we real estate professionals sell. The economy has impacted all areas of our lives. Our costs of doing business have sky rocketed and for most of us agents this means our profit margins are shrinking. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to feel sorry for myself, but I do believe it's important that clients understand that doing business for agents such as myself is not free. It's a risk or even a gamble I take every time I sign up a listing. And, it's a business decision whether or not I accept a listing.

How to better explain? When I hire the photographer to come take photos, that's money out of my pocket right away. Regardless of whether or not your property closes, I must pay the photographer. When I add your property to all those fabulous internet sites...that costs me money ..... up front. Newspapers ads? Money up front. Those fabulous brochures? Paid for out of my pocket. The mailings? The stager? Same thing. I can go on, but I think you get the idea. These are marketing tools that I as a professional Realtor choose to use for my client's benefit. These are not company offered services but agent (Dawn's) offered services. Again, please don't think I am complaining, I am not. I understand the calculated risk I am taking. But, I do want for clients and potential clients to know that all real estate agents are not the same.

I am a business woman and fully comprehend the stratgy of marketing. And, marketing has become the largest part of my job. A sign in front no longer works for me or for you as a Seller. We need to position your property to get in front of as many people as possible as effectively as possible and grab their attention. I do this through the above mentioned marketing tools, (plus many more!) and through correct market pricing.

In my opinion, experience in the real estate market has never been more important. In the past 18 years I have been lucky enough to see all markets and varying market conditions. Through this I have created a marketing plan that evolves to meet my client's goals and gets the job done. Consistently and persistently!

No comments:

Post a Comment